Pages

Friday 4 December 2020

Back in Kitely with Birchglen

The first massive chunk of land I ever had in Opensim that wasn't self hosted was in Kitely. I had a 4x4, and it's where Ravens Reef fully became realized. My goal was to make a roleplay community that was accessible all over Opensim, but after the initial setting up I sort of powered out. My goals seemed unreachable unless I was going to sink a lot of time into being in the town on a regular basis to continually encourage the roleplay - and life had a lot going on so that wasn't happening. 
I ended up back in InWorldz and condensed my 4x4 idea that I had created in Kitely into a 2x2 in InWorldz. 
After InWorldz I went to Digiworldz for a while and Tag grid, and finally settled on 3rd Rock Grid to load my 4x4 OAR that I had from Kitely as a permanent home. Ravens Reef is still  in 3rd Rock Grid today. No longer with ideas of it being the best small town RP ever - now it is just themed residential. The back story is still posted for those who do want to RP however. 
So Ravens Reef had been a thing since 2015 app. And every grid I went to I simply dragged it along with me - and recently I wanted to do something different. 
I missed Birchglen. I have for a good while. Birchglen was the name of the town I created in InWorldz on my very first region Diamond Valley. It was on the IW mainland across from IDI.
So I decided to get a 2x2 in Kitely again and recreate Birchglen. But this time it is a 2x2 and not a single region, like it was in InWorldz. 
It's been so nice to putter again with the very small details. Just taking my time to fill things in and make it feel comfy and real. 
And it's funny - In Digiworldz I see there are 70-80 people online sometime, but I rarely run into anyone. In Kitely I have no idea how many people are on, but perhaps because of the very intuitive Explore Worlds section of the website I end up getting people popping in all the time and it's great. Just the other day I spent the evening visiting with Koshari of Four Winds, we were testing out all the rides of her amusement park and chatted up a storm. She is SUCH a lovely person! 
I have new people plopping in looking for things, or to ask questions or just to visit. And likewise I use the World Search section and find all sorts of amazing regions to explore. 
It's been a blast. I'm glad I decided to rebuild Birchglen. Kitely is very stable, the marketplace is so easy to use, and the back end for region owners is great. I've never found a region easier to set up or manage. 
Come by and visit sometime!
Oh!!!! And there are mesh avis for kids in Kitely Marketplace! Totsipops! 
So, that's about it for now - here's some pics :)









No comments:

Post a Comment